Classic Wood Styles for Any Room in Your Home
Hardwood flooring never goes out of style. Year after year, the durability and variety of hardwood floors makes them a classic look for any room in your home. However, some rooms aren’t kind to hardwood flooring, even if it looks great. So how do you get the beautiful look and feel of hardwood flooring in these areas of your home? Floors In Style will help you find the perfect flooring option to give you long lasting, low maintenance hardwood look for any room in your home.
Come check out our:
- Friendly Experienced Staff
- Full-Service Showroom
- Large Variety of Flooring Options
- Design Staff
- Portfolio of Beautiful Work
We have everything you need to start designing your hardwood flooring for that difficult or unique space.
Rooms to Avoid When Choosing Hardwood Flooring
Hardwood floors are always a beautiful option for any room in the home. Unfortunately, some areas of the home create real issues for hardwood floors. Humid and moist environments can warp boards and high traffic or high germ areas can be more difficult to care for when wood flooring is used. Some rooms that are more difficult on hardwood floors include:
- Entrances with Heavy Water Traffic
- Any Room with High Levels of Moisture
Don’t worry, you can still get the incredible look and feel of hardwood in these rooms. You can get the same results if you consider a few other options. These options give lasting results with lower maintenance and moisture issues.
Alternatives to Hardwood Flooring for Difficult Spaces
If you’ve dreamed of having hardwood in a difficult space, like a bathroom, basement or sunroom, these options could be the answer. They all deliver the same look as hardwood flooring while adding a few extra benefits.
- Vinyl- Believe it or not, vinyl is a real option for hardwood style in high moisture rooms. Sheet vinyl is seamless, making it especially resistant to moisture. In other vinyl options, if seams are properly sealed, you have excellent protection from heat, moisture, and humidity. It can fade in direct sunlight, so it might be better for rooms without lots of sun. This is a wonderful choice for bathrooms, basements, kitchens, and entrances.
- Engineered Hardwood Flooring- Specially engineered, this option uses hard wood planks that are placed beneath a veneer that is treated to be more resistant to moisture and heat. Engineered hardwood flooring handle changes in temperature, climate, and humidity much better than hardwood floors. This option would be great in a kitchen or even a bathroom when properly installed.
- Ceramic Tile- Yes, ceramic tile. It is an excellent choice to substitute for hardwood in difficult areas. Ceramic tiles not only give you the beautiful effect of wood flooring, they have numerous benefits. With proper care, ceramic tile can last up to 50 years, is fade, heat, and moisture resistant. Plus its really easy to clean.
- Laminate: Properly installed and sealed laminates can look just like a natural wood floor. The added bonus is that sealed laminate flooring stands up to moisture and humidity. They come in every shade and type of wood finish so you’ll never feel like you’re sacrificing style.
Get Classic Wood Look in Any Room in Your Home
Naples Florida professional flooring experts at Floors In Style know how beautiful wood flooring can look. Some rooms are a little tougher on hardwood floors and will require high maintenance care. This doesn’t mean you have to abandon your wood flooring dreams. Floors in Style has plenty of options available to give you the look and feel of natural wood flooring in those hard to design spaces. Give us a call today at 239-431-7920 to get started today. Or make an appointment online. We’ll make your design dreams a reality!